Thursday, 22 September 2011

Institutional Investment Management Brightbridge Institutional Management

http://www.brightbridgewm.com/institutional-management.php


Brightbridge Wealth Management, Inc. provides discretionary asset management services for both institutional and private clients. Whether it be an offshore based insurance, reinsurance or captive insurance company, we have the expertise and track record to rival much larger onshore providers.
We also work with private clients, who can also expect to receive an exceptionally high service standard as well as first class investment performance.

Typical Investment Clientele

  • Captive Insurance Companies
  • Reinsurance Companies
  • Corporations
  • Pension Funds
  • Trusts

Brightbridge Wealth Management Headlines: Celtic set for Madrid after Sion suffer a double blow

http://brightbridgewealthmanagement-mag.com/


Celtic coach Neil Lennon seems to have the green light to prepare for European football this season
DOUBTS over Celtic’s participation in the Europa League group stages next week were all but dispelled last night when the president of Swiss side Sion admitted that his club is unlikely to be reinstated ahead of the opening match of the group stages.
The Swiss club’s place in the group stage of the competition was handed by Uefa to play-off opponents Celtic after ineligible players featured in their tie last month, which Sion won 3-1 on aggregate. Sion vowed to have the decision overturned, but they were dealt a double legal blow yesterday when they failed in a bid to initiate two court proceedings in Switzerland.
However, the club’s irrepressible president, Christian Constantin says they will continue the fight to be reinstated in the Europa League, and even raised the prospect of the Europa League being suspended. The group stage starts next Thursday, with Celtic scheduled to play Atletico Madrid in Spain.
The Parkhead club, who have already started selling tickets for their Europa League fixtures, also face Group I clashes with Udinese and Rennes. However Constantin is determined to cause as much trouble as possible for Uefa. Sion had until 11pm last night to appeal the decision to expel the club. But the club could also take their case to the Court of Arbitration in Sport and Constantin would not rule out further legal challenges.
“It’s not finished,” said Constantin. “We might not make it to Madrid but perhaps, after that, the justice system might ask the competition to stop and allow our re-integration. You can start the competition and then a judge might say stop.”
Sion will need to find a different court to those which heard cases brought by the club and individual players yesterday. Sion brought proceedings against Uefa in their district court in Valais. However, the court deemed their application “inadmissible” as it does not have the jurisdiction to rule against European football’s governing body, with the organisation’s Nyon headquarters residing in the canton of Vaud.
Constantin revealed that a second case, brought by the six ineligible players, had also failed. Pascal Feindouno, Gabri, Mario Mutsch, Jose Goncalves, Stefan Glarner and Billy Ketkeophomphone launched a collective proceeding in Martigny, claiming that their trade was being restricted by Uefa’s decision to expel Sion.
The dispute dates back to February 2008 when Sion unveilled Egyptian goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary as their new signing. However, his former club Al Ahly maintained he was still under contract to them. Uefa found in favour of the Egyptian club and imposed a transfer embargo on Sion. The Swiss club claimed the ban expired this summer and won a court case in Switzerland to allow them to field six new players in their domestic league. Fifa statutes ban clubs and federations from taking sporting cases to civil courts.
Sion registered the players in their Europa League squad and played five of them – Feindouno, Gabri, Mutsch, Goncalves and Ketkeophomphone – against Celtic. Feindouno scored twice in Sion’s 3-1 second-leg win after a 0-0 draw in the first leg

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Brightbridge Wealth Management Headlines: Google cuts deal for Dealmap

http://brightbridgewealthmanagement-facts.com/category/asset-management/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/01/google_acquires_dealmap/ Can I get a discount for some Groupon envy treatment? Google has acquired Dealmap, a California-based startup that will fuel Mountain View’s efforts to mimic Groupon. Launched in May 2010, Dealmap aggregates “daily deals” from hundreds of sources, and according to the company, its various services are now used by over 2 million people. [...]

Brightbridge Wealth Management Headlines: Franc expected to boost Swiss M&A in second half

http://brightbridgewealthmanagement-mag.com/category/economy-update/


ZURICH (MarketWatch) — The Swiss mergers and acquisitions market is expected to continue its resurgence in the second half of 2011 after the second quarter saw deal volumes go up threefold, according to consultancy Ernst & Young.
The continued economic upturn together with the surging value of the Swiss franc is expected to drive an increase in acquisitions past 2010 levels.
In the second quarter of the year, deal volume rose to 38.2 billion Swiss francs ($47.5 billion) up from CHF12.5 billion in the first quarter and significantly higher than the CHF4.6 billion achieved in the second quarter of 2010.
The total number of deals remained relatively unchanged during the period at about 225.
“Last year the total volume was $52 billion with around 460 deals. For this year, total deal volume might be able to increase to $100 billion,” said Marc Reinhardt, senior manager for mergers and acquisitions at Ernst & Young in Zurich.
The Swiss franc has risen 6.8% against the euro and 9.3% against the dollar during the second quarter of 2011, making it cheaper for Swiss companies to buy foreign companies.